The Denim on Denim trend: SEXY DISTRESSED JEANS
Pulling off the denim on denim trend can be a bit tricky. The secret is not over doing it but mixing and matching textures. Unless you want to look like a cowboy, here are a few tips on what you can do to look on trend.
- Instead of picking the same texture and color for the bottom and the top, try mixing things up. Try mixing light distressed denim shorts/jeans with a medium wash, over-sized, denim shirt.
- What kind of denim pants to wear: Trending Right now is the distressed jean in all forms, shapes and sizes. The Guess distressed jean is a must have at R1,169.10 or the cheaper one at boohoo.com R460.00. I got mine at Ghetto Link at R500 now on sale
- Skinny jeans are probably the easiest to pull off but it’s all about proportions. Any silhouette can work if it’s done right. Choose the area you want more accentuated then wear the darker shade there, Remember mix and match always works so you don’t have to do all blue denim, you can wear white, light wash, stone wash, dark blue, grey and black. The key is balance which instantly gives a street style vibe that looks effortlessly put together.
- Dress it up: Denim on Denim always goes well with killer heels. If you want to stand out wear a color that’s totally different from the denim you picked. I picked pink heels from Next (35 Pounds), but you can also go with printed heels, gold, red, purple etc. If you want to blend in try nude, brown or the color of the denim. Dress it down with a pair of converse, bright pumps or kitten heels and your good to go.
- Accessories: Because denim on denim is not quite a glamorous look try to keep your accessories minimal. A lot of accessories work well if you wearing a denim bottom and a chiffon or none denim shirt like Beyoncé HERE . Keep the accessories, clean and simple so that they don’t over power your denim outfit.
- THE FACE : MAC HEROINE Lipstick R195.00 @ Mac Stores nation wide.
- Cheeks: I opted for a matte peach finish: wanted to be a bit playful. Best buy blush in pink from CLINIQUE at 21$ / R254.00
- Eyes: I’ve lined mine with black and highlighted the lid with baby blue eye shadow. Was going to go with a darker blue or a brown if I was going to an evening event.
And that’s a wrap! 🙂
Stay stylish and on trend
MAC HEROINE Lipstick R195.00 @ Mac Stores nation wide.
sexy Distressed jeans from Ghetto Link
Stilettos from NEXT
Baby blue eye shadow for a laid back look
Top from H&M – Divided
Images Courtesy of Siyabonga Mfuphi