Here are nine tips/ ways on how to look even more beautiful than you already are.
- Keep your teeth White. As we age, our teeth age too. I remember the first time I used WHITE GLOW on my teeth. It was a Saturday morning and we (my sister and i) had purchased the white glow the night before. We brushed our teeth that morning using the tooth brush that comes with the White Glow tooth paste. It was usually the last thing we did before leaving for church. When we got to church, after service, a friend of mine noticed how white my teeth were. He said, ‘wow, your teeth are so white’. I just laughed, said thanks and kept it moving. But I’ve been using White Glow ever since. I do switch out my tooth pastes here and there, but I always go for the tooth paste that says ‘whitening’.
But, if you’ve tried all the tooth pastes you can think off, a visit to the dentist for a good clean wash and whitening also does the trick.
As we age, our teeth become yellow, so extra care should be taken while cleaning them. ‘Yellow teeth are usually a sign of aging, unless you can beat the system and keep them guessing.
2. Take care of your skin. Tip 2 on how to look even more beautiful than you already are.
a. Wear sun block
b. Drink plenty of water
c. Get enough sleep
d. Moisturize all-day
e. Go easy on the Alci – Alcohol, if not drank correctly, can suck the youth out of you. Drink moderately as alcohol has a way of making your skin look bad. Alcohol dehydrates your body generally, including the skin – your body’s largest organ. This happens every time you take a sip. Drinking too much has also been found to deprive the skin of vital vitamins and nutrients. Over time, drinking heavily can have other, more permanent, detrimental effects on your skin. Anyway, since I love having fun, I don’t completely take it out of the equation but, limit it to once or twice a month with the girls. Drinking every weekend isn’t something that excites me anymore. The only time ill drink ‘every day’ is, December. And since it’s now January, lets detox together.
3. Wear a red lipstick. I love red lipstick. And men love red lipstick. If you looking to bag a guy, wearing a red lipstick gives you a one-up to other girls. I had a boyfriend who didn’t like it when I wore red or pink lipstick, and his reasons where that, he couldn’t always kiss me when I had it on. So, I changed it to a more nude lipstick, its barely there, but it’s not there. But, after we broke up and when I wanted to look more attractive to other people, I’d wear a red lipstick.
So, men notice lipstick, but is that really such a shocker? Lipstick is bright, bold, and it accentuates one of our most sensual features. Clearly, a bright red lip will grab the attention of a man on the street. Once you snag the date, it’s up to you whether it becomes part of your date night ensemble. Personally, I love lipstick. I feel naked without it. So, to cut a long story short, a guy will always be more attracted to pair of red lips and once he is yours you can dial it down a notch and wear a nude one if you staying in or living together and, occasionally a bright big, juicy red.
4. Smile more. Tip 4 on how to look even more beautiful than you already are.
When you are having lunch with the girls, smile. Have fun conversations, laugh, unwind. Someone is always noticing. But you can’t smile alone. You need to be with a friend or friends. If you smile by yourself, people might mistake you for being crazy. Smile at the bar, smile while pushing your way past all the bodies on the dance floor to get to the bathroom. Smile when you receive your food, smile when you leave, smile, smile, smile.
A study suggests that, women had the highest rated first impressions when they were smiling. Men recognize smiling as a flirtation technique (meaning that the woman is available), so this cue attracts them. In this study, men rated women who had a powerful and confident expression and body language as the least attractive in this study. Read more HERE
5.Look your best, even if it’s just going to the store next door. If you are looking for a date on tinder, or any other dating site, you will soon come to realize that you will ‘put on a show’ i.e. dress well for your tinder date etc., but not put on a show for normal people you will pass in the streets on your way to buy bread. Social media can, and will make you more comfortable walking out of your house wearing pj’s and flops and only put on makeup for pictures to post on THE GRAM. Looking your best requires you to look your best always, not just for social media.
Even if you are not going anywhere, you never know who you will meet on the way to pick n pay to get milk. You can’t just dress up for your colleagues. You can’t just dress up for meetings with strangers. And more importantly, you can’t dress-up for only others, you need to always dress up for yourself, first.
6. Eat!!! Tip 6 on how to look even more beautiful than you already are.
And that’s why it’s important to have functional clothes, not just clothing for occasions, but beautiful clothing for leisure as well. #FunctionalWear
I don’t think I must explain this further. Hungry girls are the angriest. When you hungry, you become h-angry and sometimes look sad and depressed. Lol Baby girl, find nutrition that’s designed for you. P.S. I’m not talking about those that can’t afford food. I’m talking about us, yes, me included, that deprive ourselves, in the name of size 28 waistlines.
7. Slap on some mascara. Get your eyelash curlers and don’t forget the dramatic mascara. Ever noticed how different you look without mascara if you wear it every day? Long eyelashes can dramatically enhance a woman’s look. You don’t have to get eyelash extensions, if that’s not your thing. But, a little mascara won’t hurt nobody.
There’s a lot of interesting information on this, the psychology of beauty. Long, thick eyelashes and large eyes are a sign of youth and fertility. The male brain is hard wired to look for things like this (rosy cheeks, long, thick hair, etc.) because they are looking for someone to reproduce with. Read more HERE
8. De-shine your lipstick. Lips seem extra kissable when they’re not shellacked with tons of product. Take it from someone who knows: Victoria’s Secret makeup pro Polly Osmond, whose job it is to make the VS Angels even more beautiful. For a more natural-looking lip, “always blot the first lipstick layer with a tissue,” says Osmond. “This takes the excess oil off and leaves a pretty stain on the lip.
9. Drink your greens. Tip 9 on how to look even more beautiful than you already are.
I’ve recently re-introduced green juicing in my diet and I couldn’t be happier. Read this post. And if you find greens too horrible to drink, remember – medication tastes horrible, but it is good for you. Green juicing is an acquired taste.
No matter how careful you are, your body is constantly exposed to toxins. They can be found in drinking water, household furniture, food, and the air you breathe. All these toxins put a huge strain on your liver. Green juices help because many of the ingredients can support a healthy liver. For example, studies have found that cruciferous vegetables like broccoli can improve phase II detoxification in the liver (5). This means your liver will be more efficient at quickly getting toxins out of your body. By consuming a green juice every day, you can give your liver a fighting chance against all the toxins you’re exposed to daily