6 THINGS TO MAKE YOU SMILE
If a combination of FOMO, end of weekend withdrawals, and next weekend too far sad feels has you feeling a little under the weather, we got something to lift your spirits. So relax, get comfy and grab a coffee. if you are at work loosen your shoe laces and take off your heels; the internet is overflowing with some feel good news to help you sort out your life this summer or motivate you to save some money. Now let’s take a quick scroll through some things that could get you smiling all week.
- Amazon has launched a product called The Amazon Tap. Amazon Tap is a wireless, Alexa-enabled portable Bluetooth speaker. Just tap the microphone button and ask for music from Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio and Tune In. The Tap is lightweight and fun to travel with, and the battery power and sound quality are respectable. The device uses the Alexa Voice Service when connected to Wi-Fi or a mobile hotspot to play music, read the news, provide weather reports, and even order a pizza. It delivers sound powered by Dolby, with dual stereo speakers that provide 360-degree Omni-directional audio and, provides up to nine hours of playback. Perfect for when speakers are not around but you still want to dance. Read More…
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4. The Microsoft Surface Pro 4 offers the versatility of a laptop and a tablet in one device. The Surface Pro 4 is available starting with 128GB / Intel Core m 3 – 4GB RAM configuration up to a 256GB / Intel Core i7 – 8GB RAM configuration. Loaded with Windows 10, the 12.3-inch PixelSense touchscreen display has extremely high contrast and low glare. You can go from laptop to table with the multi-position kickstand and keyboard. Battery life is expected to last up to nine hours (now that’s impressive). Cost: Starts at R12 200.00. Read MORE…
- As London Fashion week came to a close Kim Kardashian West did a splendid job of inspiring us to wear anything we want as long as we accessories it well and own it. Kimkardashain West wore her version of her bedroom style with a lacy ivory-toned frock, a silk-satin asymmetrical robe topper that was causally draped over one shoulder (that looked like a night dress), and a corset— The conversation might have gone like this… Ring ring: Kim- Hello. Friend- Its London fashion week, you wanna go? Kim- I dont know, I’m already in bed. Friend- Kim, when has that ever stopped you? Kim- Ok, ill be there in 10 min Read More in Vogue…
- Givenchy Show cased their Spring/Summer 2017 Collection and it was AMAZINIG.
The prints that Givenchy chose for their Spring Summer fashion were polka dots, stripes, florals, tribal print, Kaleidoscope etc. and some of these went into one outfit( can you believe it).
Favorite Givenchy 2017 spring/ summer pieces include all the chiffon like material, (the flowy, see through, light ones) with the many colorfully polka dots. The collection is insane, the prints outrageous and the overhaul look of Givenchy spring summer 2017 is a breath of fresh air and a bed of different types of Rosses all in one bouquet. Perfection. See More on fashionista.com
5. Now if you feeling like you want to go vegan for just a day but still be able to enjoy a good Greek salad inclusive of feta but with no dairy products, try the Spicy Tofu Salad Recipe. Benefits of tofu include; a healthy substitute for cottage cheese, tofu is a great soy product loved for its health benefits and versatility. It is made from three simple ingredients – soybeans, water and a curdling agent.
This Recipe serves 2 (Enjoy)
80g Mixed baby lettuce
12g Celery, chopped
60g Avocado cut into chunks
25g Mixed sprouts (Sunflower and Mustard Seed Sprouts)
60g Carrots cut julienne
140g Tofu sauté (see recipe)
5g Sunflower seeds, lightly roasted with soya sauce.
45ml Herb dressing (see herb dressing recipe)
8g Spring onions, sliced
Add mixed baby lettuce to a large mixing bowl
Dress the salad with the herb dressing
Add the dressed lettuce to a large salad bowl
Add the celery, carrots, tofu, avocado, sprouts and spring onions
Garnish with sunflower seeds and parsley
See more recipes here:
6. Unicorn Poop Cup cakes: For all those sugar lovers that have been dieting for what seems like forever… eat a cupcake (one high in everything) at least once a week as a cheat snack or meal. Sugar gives you energy. Candy makes you feel dandy. That’s because it’s made of sugar! This is an ingredient that also figures prominently into cake and frosting, the main components of a cupcake. Sugar sends glucose straight to the blood, causing insulin levels to increase while you experience a quick burst of energy. PARTY TIME! So while your taste buds get used to bland, salt free, sugar free food on a diet. It is allowed to reward yourself with a small cupcake once a week. Come on… TAKE A BITE 🙂
These are your 6 THINGS TO MAKE YOU SMILE TODAY!!