Story 1:The Barista
Michael Kors Wonderlust Perfume Part 1: I recently walked into a Starbucks I am a regular at. As a regular customer I get to ‘make friends’ or ‘be familiar’ with some of the baristas. I walked in Starbucks, picked a table, put my bag down on the chair and walked over to the counter, with my phone in my hands. I looked up from my phone to pick what I wanted from their overhead menu and caught my barista friend looking at me with a smile. ‘I knew it was you when you walked in the store, even before I saw you,’ said the Barista
‘Oh,’ I exclaimed, a little shocked. ‘You did not see me walk in?’ I continued. ‘Nope, I was looking for something in the bottom cupboards, smelled your perfume and raised my head and saw that it was you. When you walked In, the store filled with your perfume. You have a very distinctive scent. What do you use if I may ask, I want to get it for my girlfriend.’ ‘It’s Michael Kors Wonderlust,’ I replied. At that moment I was blushing but flattered. Changed the topic by calling out my drink order. Paid, and walked back to my seat smiling.
Story 2. The Creepy Lover
Before the world closed and the ‘Panini’ took over our lives, I was at an internet café using their computers. I had been sitting there for hours and a guy walked in and sat opposite me. The only thing blocking his or my view were the monitors. After a few minutes he looked to see who was sitting in front of him. Peeped between the monitors then quickly looked away. I found it funny because guys are generally intimidated by me, so I continued to do what I had come there to do and left.
I walked out the store, called the Mall elevator to the 5th floor and waited. The guy that had been sitting in front of me walked out from the internet Cafe straight towards me and stood next to me. He kept glancing at me then looking away. ‘Hi, is everything ok?’ I asked. He had this goofy smile on his face as he slowly turned towards me and said, ‘wow… your perfume is intoxicating. You smell so good. I am sorry if I appear rude. I was trying to get the courage to talk to you. I am Peter by the way,’ as he stretched out his hand. ‘Thandi,’ I replied, and walked into the lift. ‘May I follow you, if you are not going far, ‘ He quickly asked. ‘Yeah sure… come on in,’ I answered. The Power of perfume.
Wanderlust, Wonderlust and Escape
The concept of “escape” is central to the WONDERLUST story. As a game on words, Wanderlust (which means having a great wish of travelling) is the desire for escape in Michael Kors’ collection. I have been travelling Africa since I was a teenager, but I had never used an Airplane to go anywhere before. It was always a road trip adventure with friends, attending a wedding in Swaziland by Taxi or simple vacation by the beach using a bus to get there. I have been to almost every country in central and sub Saharan Africa and have travelled to all 9 provinces in South Africa. But I felt like there was so much more to the world. I wanted to conquer other lands, I wanted to experience breathing a different kind of air and I wanted to sleep under different stars.
Story 3: My first time on a Airplane and the stranger who saved me
I had saved up quite a bit and decided to buy a Heathrow bound ticket. My mom could have bought the ticket for me but I wanted to show her that I was a big girl and could take care and provide for myself. I flew Emirates Economy. We stopped at Dubai for a connecting flights and I started running to the next gate so my connecting flight wouldn’t leave me. The time was 01:00. I ran so hard, Just to find that I had bought a ticket with a SEVEN hour layover. Yep… it was heartbreaking but funny. It was also an eye opener. Next time check the layover time before purchasing a ticket. I made friends with a guy I had flown from South Africa with. He had been checking me out ever since we landed. He was a bit tall, middle eastern looking with a slight Indian accent and a full head of thick, black and wavy hair.
Living in South Africa makes it hard to date interracially. Anyway, to cut a 7 hour story short. He asked if he could wait with me. I agreed and he showed me around the airport. He took me out for dinner at Dubai Airport McDonalds and when we finally got tired, we took a nap at the same McDonalds. It was fun, but exhausting.
Dubai airport sells duty free and I bought some amazing exotic perfumes. This experience showed me that my way of life was just a spec compared to the many different ways people from other parts of the world actually live. And that is why Michael Kors Wonderlust is so dear to me. It brings back memories of adventure and many firsts. And I will always be grateful for that.
Mohammed got on his flight an hour before me and I never saw him again.
A little Backstory for the Michael Kors Wonderlust Perfume
The campaign was developed by Mario Testino and the composition of the fragrance is synthetic note with “edible,” sweet qualities. The focus lies on the dianthus flower and the top notes are of almond, accompanied by warm notes and the spicy sweetness of cinnamon.
Michael Kors Wonderlust is feminine but not in a school girl kind of way. Its feminine in a streamlined, modern way. The Michael Kors Wonderlust girl is looking for a way to experience and have fun but stay within her world. As one of the most popular fragrances in the Michael Kors range, it is easy to see why people love Wonderlust so much: It’s sexy without being overpowering, thanks to the inclusion of vanilla and the powdery orris.
Wonderlust is a very seductive smell. Michael Kors has put just the right amount of vanilla floral as a top note with some stronger woody base notes to anchor its more citrus tones. Michael Kors Wonderlust might not be for everyone but it is definitely for those that like smelling like flowers, but not overpowering sweet. This perfume, of which you can purchase from Superbalist the THREE PIECE SET from, Woolworths Beauty and AMAZON is a perfume you can purchase without testing it only if you love exotic, sweet and woody fragrances. Michael Kors Wonderlust is our current favorite at the Beliciousmuse office.
6 Notes in Michael Kors Wonderlust perfume that men found to be very irresistible on women
A study was conducted, to find out which perfumes do men like on females and which perfumes made women irresistible. The men were asked to rate notes and scents created for women and 6 of the top 10 notes were found in the Michael Kors Wonderlust perfume. Read more on the study here
- 52 Percent of the men in the study loved the Powdery scent in perfumes. Powdery is a scent that is also found in Michael Kors Wonderlust. Perfumes with Powder scents are not universally liked, but It is an extraordinarily lightweight and warm weather scent that you will reach for again and again. If paired up correctly with maybe citrus and a sheer vanilla like in the case of Michael Kors Wonderlust, the scent becomes stunning and very sexy.
- 85 Percent of the men tested in the study said that they loved smelling Florals on their women. The Floral scent is one of the most seductive and made women appear more attractive. A lot of the guys interviewed in the study said that they love smelling lily of the valley. Michael Kors Wonderlust has floral notes that can make you appear more attractive.
- 73 Percent of men in this study said that they found women who wore perfumes with vanilla in them more attractive. Vanilla is “soft, almost sweet, but it has a strong, intense, and animalistic side. And Michael Kors included Vanilla in Wonderlust because he probably agrees that vanilla is a winning scent. Vanilla produces the feeling of happiness around the world. Of all the materials that go in fragrances, vanilla is the most liked globally. With vanilla scents being so common in perfumes, you have an awfully good chance of finding one you like. And Michael Kors Wonderlust has that ingredient
- Vanilla has been used as a natural aphrodisiac for centuries. That is why it is of no surprise that it is one of the scents that men find attractive in women. The reason for this, according to Dr. Hirsch: “Sweet and tasty scents are familiar. Smelling them reminds guys of simple childhood days, so they feel secure enough to let their attraction and affection show.”
- Michael Kors Wonderlust can make you irrisistable because it has the top notes of Aromatic of which 58 percent of men in the study found this spicy scent to be irresistible in women’s perfumes.
- 69 Percent loved citrus smells. The scent of citrus has been widely known for its properties to act against depression and anxiety and helping boost people’s moods. The smell of citrus brings up thoughts of summer and happiness, and according to a different study, men will automatically assume you are younger than you actually are, if you smelled like pink grapefruit.