11 makeup tips every girl needs to know.
1. A lighter shade of makeup will not make you look light skin. There is a general misconception that if you wear a foundation that is lighter than your complexion that you will look lighter or yellow bone. That is so wrong!!! When you wear the wrong colour foundation, you will end up just looking ashy and have that round circle on your face that separates the neck from the face, that circle that looks like you didn’t blend in Ponds Vanishing cream perfectly in your skin. You know what i mean…
A lighter foundation than your skin tone might make you look bad, grey and like a ghost. Its even better to find a darker foundation and put a lighter founder that wearing a light foundation that is not your skin tone.
2. Eyebrows should be filled in, not drawn on or colored in like a childrens drawing book. Filing in eye brows gives the appearance of actual eye brows. I have bushy eye brows and it took me a while to get to this point. Eye brows are just prettier when they are neat, visible and clean. The worst thing you could ever do for your face in terms of makeup is to have everything else well done but the eye brows are not fleeky
3. A base is very important. Primer helps the makeup stay on better and longer. Every artist needs a beautiful and ready canvas. Primer creates an extra layer between your skin and makeup. Priming products are mostly used to help makeup last longer, smooth the skin’s surface, and even out the skin tone. Different primers can be used on the face, eyes, lips, and even lashes.
A primer doesn’t have to be expensive but it has to do the job. I use a variety of different primers for my face. When i’m feeling lazy i’ll use a sunscreen as primer. When i’m feeling boujee I’ll use Ponds Derma plus day moisturizer with SPF 15. When i’m going to an event I’ll use the Avene Mattifing lotion and when I have it, i’ll use the L’Oreal Infallible Matte Primer.
4. Makeup tips every girl needs to know. The right concealer can be used a foundation, if you use it correctly. I have notoriously used the L.A Girl concealers, on multiple occasions, as foundations. The L.A Girl concealers are the cheapest full coverage foundations you will ever come across in your life. I already have a video on how to use foundations as concealers. If you wanna check it out, Watch HERE.
5. Even water resistant makeup will disappear if you wipe it off. The trick to any makeup staying on is, NEVER TOUCH IT!! If you have applied the make up in the correct way and used water resistant products that are reputable, there is no way your makeup will smudge in the pool as long as you don’t touch it. Allow your face to air dry and don’t use a towel unless its to lightly dab off the water.
Get in the pool and come out without touching your face. You will look flawless from 6 AM to 6 PM.
6. Makeup tips every girl needs to know. Invest in strong eyelash glue. The Lord knows the struggle we women face when the eyelash doesn’t wanna stick. There is a reason you don’t always see me wearing false eyelashes in images. The reason is that the eye lashes can and will embarrass you in public or in Pictures, if you don’t have the correct glue. And whenever its humid and 35 degrees Celsius, forget it if you don’t have a strong eye lash glue. The eyelash will become no lash very soon. Invest in a strong and durable eye lash glue.
7. Makeup tips every girl needs to know When or if your makeup starts to disappear because it’s a hot day, try not to apply more powder. Use blotting paper, translucent colorless powder, or try a setting spray. The one I use is a Setting spray from L’Oreal, but setting sprays are EVERYWHERE.
8. Always carry wet wipes when wearing makeup. Before touching or fixing your dress, wipe your hands. We often touch our faces and sometimes forget that we did. Being cognizant that you wearing makeup will save you, one day, while wearing a white dress. Wipe your hands often on a hot day before fixing or touching your dress or ANYTHING.
9. Makeup tips every girl needs to know A nude lipstick looks bad-ass on anyone but it can look really bad if it is slightly the wrong color and on top of that, if you don’t have a lip liner to buffer the situation. Getting the perfect nude lipstick is heavenly. But before you end up looking hungry, wearing a nude lipstick goes hand-in-hand with wearing the perfect lip pencil before the nude lipstick.
10. If you have a lighter scalp than your face, try to wear foundation past the hairline. You don’wanna and up with a black and white border. When you open. section hair in the middle, you must commit to also putting some foundation on the line. What good is a darker forehead if the rest of the head is lighter or pure white as it hardly sees the sun. I learned this trick from Kim Kardashians makeup artist.
11. When putting on an eye shadow. Try to use 3 or more complimenting colors. Make the inner corner the lightest, the outer corner and crease the darkest and the inner middle crease close to the brow bone, the middle shade of the two. That way you create a beautiful eye shadow gradient and look like a pro.