MINISO: JAPANESE FASHION & RETAIL GIANT LAUNCHES IN SOUTH AFRICA
MINISO, the darling of the Japanese fashion and beauty retail industry launched in South Africa with an official opening at its Menlyn Park Shopping Centre store in Pretoria on Saturday 5 August. MINISO has over 2000 stores located in more than 50 countries around the world. The flagship store is the second MINISO outlet to open in the country with 50 further stores for South Africa currently in the pipeline.
Inspired by a philosophy of fast fashion coupled with simplicity, MINISO updates its product offering every seven days with smarter, simpler and cozier products to encourage the personalised intelligent purchase trend. The affordable range focuses on making high quality products that are accessible. The MINISO brand, a member of the Saiman Holdings Group, was co-founded in 2013 by Japanese designer, Miyake Junya and Chinese entrepreneur, Ye Guofu in Tokyo, Japan.
MINISO’s international success is aligned with its core brand proposition of selling intelligent consumer products. There are several categories that showcase enormous variety and hold over 3 000 different types of products: Consumer Goods, Health & Beauty, Jewelry & Accessories, Creative Homeware, Digital Products, Stationary & Gifts and Seasonal Products to name a few
MINISO stores are opening first in Gauteng and are available at Maponya Mall in Soweto and Menlyn Park Shopping Centre in Pretoria. The next stores set to open are in Forest Hill in Kyalami and Norwood Mall in Johannesburg. The Durban and Cape-Town store launches will take place in September 2017.
To find out more about MINISO, visit: www.miniso.jp
Some fun Miniso-Got-to-Know Facts
- MINISO, established in Tokyo, the Japanese designer brand, was founded by Miyake Junya, the chief designer of MINISO.
- MINISO advocates fashionable and relaxed lifestyle and directs a superior products consumption
- MINISO has been expanding globally since its establishment in 2013. It opened more than 2,000 stores around the world within 4 years, whose sales revenue reached 1.5 billion USD in 2016.
- Currently, MINISO has entered into strategic cooperation agreements with more than 50 countries and regions, including the U.S., Canada, Russia, Singapore, Korea, Malaysia, Hong Kong (China), Macao (China), Indonesia, the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar, Laos, Nepal, Kazakhstan, Georgia, etc..
- 4. On average, it opens 80 to 100 stores monthly and it is anticipated to open 10,000 stores all over the world by 2019.
Now lets go shopping 🙂