(By cheating the eyes you cheat the mind and it starts by lying to your eyes about rice) CARBOHYDRATE FREE RICE RECIPE WITH KALE, VIENNA AND EGG DISH.
If you are one of those people who struggle with not eating carbohydrates on a weight loss diet, then this Carbohydrate free Rice recipe with Kale, Broccoli and egg dish is just for you. Just like mashed potatoes, rice is one of those side dishes that very few people are able to go without. Cauli-Rice a none gran grain you can now eat as much as you like.
There are a lot of diets out there promising to give you the results that you want but most of them don’t work because the diet is not a lifestyle. This Carbohydrate free Rice recipe is made for those that want to stop eating carbohydrates completely and not just for 3 months, forever, but don’t know how. A diet should be a lifestyle for it to work and what better way to follow a low carbohydrate diet than by finding substitutes for carbohydrates. I didn’t know that it was possible to find carbohydrate substitutes until I found this Cauli-Rice (Carbohydrate Free Rice )Recipe.
What you will need for the Cauli-Rice (Carbohydrate Free Rice)
/1/ 1 Cauliflower head /2/ 1 Onion /3/100g Butter or coconut oil (for the whiteness)
- In a food processor, pulse the Cauli-rice until you reach couscous consistency
- Melt the butter or coconut oil in a heavy-based frying pan and sauté the finely chopped onion until soft
- Add the cauliflower and mix through the onion and butter. Leave the head on low or medium and place the lid on top of the pan. (Butter already has salt)
- Leave to cook for five to eight minutes and either set aside or serve immediately.
The most amazing thing about this Kale, Chicken Vienna and Egg dish was how quick and easy it was to prepare. I probably spent less than 20 minutes cooking this zero carbohydrate, high protein and high veggies delicious dish.
What you will need for the Kale Dish
100 g raw Kale washed and cut (I used Kale and broccoli leaves from Checkers Hyper). 3 Chicken Viennas sliced into thick and thin slices. 1/3 glass of water. 60 g of Butter. 4 eggs (I only used 2) was dinner for one lol and an experiment.
- Warm the butter in a heavy-based pan with a lid. Gently fry the Viennas in the butter until it turns golden brown.
- Remove the Chicken Vienna but keep all the fat and butter in the pan
- Crank the head up to high and fry the Kale in the fat until it begins to wilt
- Pour in the water and allow it to boil ferociously until it almost fully reduced. If you use a good, heavy-based pan and the heat is right, this shouldn’t take more than a minute.
- Shape the kale into a nest in the pan and crack your eggs on top of it. Cover and cook gently for three minutes.
- When you remove the lid, the eggs should be opaque. Slid the kale off the pan and garnish with the crispy Chicken Viennas.
- Finally, be sure to pour any excess juices from the pan over each serving.
When i tasted what i had cooked, I was very proud of myself because it had no idea how the Carbohydrate free rice was gonna taste like but I must say; You will even forget that it is cauliflower. #Promise
Enjoy and share.